Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Paradise Found



My Brain is expanding in Bloomington!!



Before I left for Bloomington, I won a free space in an online Writing Workshop.  I almost didn't enter, but my good friend Laura urged me to and lo and behold! So...that is part of the reason why this new blog has been born.  OK, it's NOT 'my book' yet...but some consistency and discipline with my writing could only help. I also joined another 'creative' on line group that is fantastic.  Getting daily prompts and reminders to BE who you are and LIVE your dream...is very uplifting..
I find it interesting that I am involved in these two remarkably inspiring and encouraging groups while I re-visit HOME. I also find it interesting that... after so many years of inspiring OTHER people...I now need a push for myself.  Full Circle, maybe?

I am trying to 'pace myself' as far as seeing people and skipping about town.  I need to remind myself I will be here for awhile and do not have to 'do it all' the first week. I have been 'taking in' the town and feasting my spirit on the sights and sounds that I have missed so much, as well as some surprises.

The BRAIN above is one of many brains transplanted around town by two Bloomingtonians:
 Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor and Joe Lamantia.  Clink on the links for more info...fun!

Yesterday I giggled out loud... just because I turned a certain corner that used to be daily routine.

I went into the library today, just to smell the books.  And visited THE local natural grocery store just so I could get a tablespoon of  fresh sage and 5 pieces of candied ginger.  You would think I was traipsing about in paradise. My own kind of Paradise.

And who could not love a town that adorns it's trees with....sweaters.


















*More soon...and by the way, I am still working on getting the right music player for this blog.

2 comments:

laura said...

Yarn Bombing! I love it! I am so glad that you are blogging again. The new space looks, feels and reads great!

Christine Marie said...

Yarn Bombing...yeah. But I prefer "tree sweaters" ;-) :-)