Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's that time of year...

...when the mornings are chilly and dusk is an invitation to curl up and give it up for the night.
 I love it.
For me, it is the most inspirational and contemplative season, Autumn.  The time for reflection.
Much like the reflection in the coffee cup picture on the right...aptly titled "Reflection", I find the most mundane things contain a depth that I do not notice any other season.  The subtle nuances unveil themselves and reveal a realm of discovery specific to our needs.
As the trees let go of the dry leaves without resistance,  we are prompted to do the same and release what is attached to our hearts and psyches that no longer serves us, and that we no longer need to breathe life into.
In the dark of the year...as we move through the shadows of our own minds, we can 'take root' and prepare for our new growth to take place the following Spring.  By emancipating at least a years worth of emotional sediment, there is a clearing deeper and wiser than the autumn before.  It's not a matter of age or time but of commitment.

This October, I will be walking through the leaves in a place that I have called home for many years and have been away from for some months.  This year I will be releasing and taking root in a different way.  

As time and Internet accessibility allows, I am hoping to keep you 'posted', literally...during my month+ long journey as I prepare the ground for a new and improved LIFE in the place I have grown to love so much. 

So expect some GRACIE emails in your mailbox! (Also looking for a new music player for the blog.  the old one is not available any more!!)




Bloomington: October 5, 2012








2 comments:

deborahjd said...

Bloom-ismo!

W said...

there is such profound growth in your writing, and I really liked it already, before this added depth and dimension-writing from the depth of the soul-BRAVO