Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Pre-HoliDaze


(A new music player SHOULD appear right there...on the left, over my smiling face.  It might take some minutes to start.  The first "Charlie Brown" piece is all messed up and NOT what I meant to upload...so...you can listen to it in it's spottiness or fast forward to song #2! I tried to fix it, but Internet connection tonight is really slow...and HOURS later, I have finally pressed "publish".  So...no more tweaking tonight!)



Autumn left late this year...
with so much mild weather...and plenty of time to do some fun things all the way through early December.

A lot of movement...and GRATITUDE this Thanksgiving....


Lisa Marie, performing at "GRATITUDE", a unique blend of music, dance, singing bowls and more; created, directed and made possible by Janiece Jaffe.











And even on Dec. 1 it was not quite wintery yet....BUT...
.... it was not warm enough to change our plans for mulled cider.
Doesn't that look pretty?  And it smelled even better!!

Then....there was a wedding....
And after looking for a traditional "Bride & Groom cake topper"....
we decided to be more original.
With my trusty scissors I was able to top this Delish Carrot cake (yes, I made it, as per the bride's request) with a pic of the REAL Bride and Groom.




Oh...and on another night...Tony and some friends stopped by for my Special Spinach Quiche.
(Try saying that 5 times...very fast ;-)





Some decorations have started to appear...


Even in my little room...at the bottom of stair...
It just so happens that a couple bags of books and a small box of Chrismas Decorations would not fit in the car when I left Bloomington.
So.....I was able to retrieve some pretty-corny-sentimentalness from my friend, Jan who was guarding them with her life. ;-)

That's all I've got for ya' now.
The above post was in progress and I had more fun stuff to share...but was distracted by life and then....
by sadness and disappointment of the "worldly events".
Just trying to keep one foot here and one foot over there...
beyond the illusion, is a lot of work, as many of you know.

Well... I found a new music player, that sort of works.
Hope it helps to lift everyone's spirits...and also moves you to ponder  in your deepest heart...how precious life is.
.
I will try to update with pics while I am away visiting my three little Yule-tide elves.
I can't think of anything better right now than watching Kid-Holiday movies and baking cookies.
I cannot wait...more than ever...to squeeze their little cheeks...
in my very Italian Grandma kinda' way.

See you soon....








2 comments:

laura said...

I love the pictures and that cake! So pretty. That quiche looks so good-does it have a crust? I cannot tell from the pic. I am sure the little yule-tide elves will be so happy to see their very Italian grandmother!

Christine Marie said...

No crust on the quiche. That is one reason I like it so much.